Why Markel Specialty for workers compensation
As a leader in providing insurance since 1930, we understand the needs of your small business clients and how to deliver best-in-class workers compensation coverage for them.
From small mom and pop shops to larger operations, and start-ups to seasoned establishments, Markel Specialty delivers on your small business workers compensation needs.
- Artisan contractors
- Goods and services
- Office and professional
- Stores (retail)
Here are a few benefits that set Markel Specialty apart:
- Payment options to meet every budget. We also accept outside premium financing companies.
- Monthly or bi-weekly payroll reporting available
- Experience in-house claims handling
- < 24 hours average time from reported claim to attempted contact with both insured and injured worker
- 96% of the time, medical bill are paid within 5 days of receipt
- 92% of claims are closed within 24 months, 97% within 36 months
- At the onset of a claim, a Medical Case Manager reviews every injury
- Serious injury claims are assigned to our Large Loss Unit. This group of claims advocates average 15 years of claims experience and manage a reduced number of claims in order to focus on claims that involve serious injuries.
- In-house Loss Control team that is available to advise you on loss prevention services specific to your industry.
- For policies over $100K, your client can receive on-site quarterly visits for a Markel Loss Control specialist to review any losses and help mitigate ways to prevent future losses.
- Dedicated customer service center
Submit a completed workers compensation form to Matt Child at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Markel – Markel North America Insurance Group, is owned by Markel Corporation, a Fortune 500 corporation. Coverage is provided by one or more of the insurance companies under the Markel North America Insurance Group and policyholder services are provided by the underwriting manager Markel Service Incorporated, national producer number 27585. Insurance carrier, coverage, dividends, and services availability may vary by state. Markel Service Incorporated's business division, Markel Specialty, offers both commercial and personal lines products. Markel® is a registered trademark of the Markel Corporation.